Working on the Grocery Tax Exemption has been a long and brutal fight. However, we have a string of Victories!
- We WON in the Alaska Supreme Court to proceed with our referendum, now Proposition One.
- We had a SUCCESSFUL petition drive for Proposition One.
- We helped DEFEAT Soldotna's Home Rule election (would have circumvented Prop One)
- We worked to gain support in the current Borough Assembly to DEFEAT Assembly Members Blaine Gilman's and Dale Bagley's ordinances which would have ended our winter grocery tax exemption, and
- We worked with the Borough Assembly, including Assembly Member Dale Bagley who sponsored the ordinance, to PASS an ordinance giving us the right to address voters in the election pamphlet.